About Globa Tennis - Tennis Lessons in Tokyo
GLOBA TENNiS, as its name implies, endeavors to bring together the various nationalities who share the same passion for the game of tennis in Tokyo, or those visiting Tokyo. Our mission is to provide quality and memorable tennis events to our international and Japanese customers, through fun and refreshing private and group lessons in Tokyo, as well as unforgettable weekend tennis retreats for adults and juniors at beautiful locations near Tokyo.
The GLOBA TENNiS edge
- US and Europe experienced professional tennis instructors with substantial experience on 3 continents (Europe, North America, and Asia), 20 years in Japan.
- One of the best tennis coaching available in Tokyo - We do not teach forms but key fundamentals that will lay the ground for an all-round, solid and consistent game.
- Coaching available in three languages: French, English and Japanese.
- Maximum 6 players per class.
- No entrance fees, no membership fees, no monthly fees - ‘Pay-per-Play’ system.
- Very convenient and central locations in Tokyo.
- Casual and very friendly atmosphere with affluent international business managers and owners.
Our TENNIS Director
Jean-Pierre (JP) Felix, Tennis Director and founder of GLOBA TENNiS is a certified and experienced tennis instructor with 18 years experience teaching on three continents: Europe, North America and Asia. He is fluent in French, English and Japanese.
After playing regional championships in France for a few years he worked at five-star resorts and exclusive tennis clubs around the world for more than 7 years.
He arrived in Tokyo in 1997, upon receiving a professional tennis instructor certification from a well-known tennis management company based in Texas, USA.
He worked at a Tokyo-based 5-star resort for two years as a Tennis Director, coaching recreational players, high school varsity players and two Japanese female semi-pro players. In 2000, fluent in Japanese, he decided to pursue other business opportunities while remaining close and loyal to tennis.
Senior Coach Filip from Canada:
- Professional Tennis Coach since 2008
- Tennis level: NTRP 6.0 / France ranking: ~ 2/6
- Player Highlight: Played Singles & Doubles #1 for Purdue University in the U.S
- In Japan since: 2007
- Languages spoken: English; Polish; some Japanese
- Specialty: specialized in highly-competitive tennis & recreational tennis for children and adults
Coach Brian from the U.K:
- Tennis coach for 5 years in Japan
- Tennis level: NTRP 5.0 / France ranking: ~15/3
- In Japan since: 2010
- Languages spoken: English; Malay; Japanese
- Specialty: specialized in recreational tennis for children & teenagers
Office Managaer Sayaka NAKAZAWA from Japan: